For the summer of 2018, this trip has been move from St. Thomas to St. Croix. Logistics involving scheduling, construction, safety, and school make up days, are all factors in our needing to move to St. Croix.
Exact details will not be finalized until a few weeks before the trip. However, we plan to have a variety of impactful projects in St. Thomas. We will work alongside local schools and churches, Catholic Charities, and many other social agencies.
One of the many reasons we love St. Thomas is because of the number of flights available and the reasonable costs of them.
Fly into St. Thomas (STT) Saint Thomas Island Cyril E King Airport
- There will be a CHWC representative to pick up all campers from the airport and ride the bus with them to the dorms. Housing is just a 10-minute drive from the airport. We aim to have all buses air-conditioned.
NO PASSPORTS Required.
- Since this Island is a U.S. Territory… You are not required to have a passport. However, If you already have a passport, it’s still a good idea to bring it along, it only helps to speed up your time at the airport.
If you do not have a passport, you are required to bring…
- a valid government photo ID. (Drivers license or DMV issued state ID)
- If you do not have a passport OR valid government photo ID…
- then you will need to provide, a general photo ID (school or work badge) AND your original birth certificate, with the raised seal.
Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Cathedral & School.
- Located: downtown in the capital city of Charlotte Amalie.
- Distance from Airport: 15 Minutes
- Sleeping: Class rooms floors. Each person is responsible for bringing their own beds/bedding. Rooms are not air-conditioned.
For this trip, the included freeday will be on Sunday. We will have orientation, celebrate mass and then BBQ and spend some time on one of the many beautiful beaches.
There will also be an additional, optional free day available. Exact details are TBD... However, you can be sure to enjoy the ocean, local lunch, and a little shopping.
The typical cost is $150 in addition to the registration fee. The price will include your transportation, accommodations, and food.